【Announcement】Progress in Response to 1 Employee Infected with Novel Coronavirus.
TOKYO, Apr 3, 2020 /PR/OPT, Inc.
On Apr. 2, 2020, OPT, Inc. announced that 1 male employee in his 20s working at the office of OPT, Inc. (Tokyu Bancho Building, Yonbancho6, Chiyoda, Tokyo) was infected with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Today, at the judgment of the public health center, it was confirmed that there were no close contacts in OPT, Inc.
Related：TOKYO, Apr 2, 2020 /PR/OPT, Inc.
【Announcement】OPT is Strengthening Measures against the Infection Spread of the Novel Coronavirus following 1 Employee was Infected.
OPT Holding Inc., the parent company and OPT voluntarily changed the method of working for all employees of the Group from recommending work at home to prohibiting coming to the office in principle, to prevent the spread of infections promptly, after the suspicion of infection was reported by the employee. Also, we traced back through the public and private activities of the infected employee. And at the discretion of the public health center, it was confirmed that there were no close contacts in other employees, clients and partners.
Therefore, the public health center determined that we do not need to temporarily close and disinfect our office.
However, we will continue to prohibit all employees of the Tokyu Bancho Building, where OPT is located, from coming to the office, in principle.
In response to this case, we plan to further strengthen measures to prevent the spread of infections both inside and outside of the company. OPT Holding Inc. and OPT, Inc. will give top priority to ensure the safety and health of employees, clients, and partners.
Below are some of the information announced on Thursday, Apr. 2nd, 2020.
[Overview of Response Policy]
1. Work Styles and Meetings, etc.
- Prohibit employees from coming to the office, in principle.
- All meetings will be held online, except for emergencies.
- Meetings with clients and partners will be held online, in principle.
- Prohibit employees from visiting clients and partners, in principle.
- Prohibit Employees from traveling for business in domestic or abroad.
2. Participation in Large-scale Assembly
- We hold all internal assemblies online regardless of scale.
- Prohibit employees from participating assemblies and seminars held outside of the company.
3. Assemblies and Seminars We Organize
- Postpone all or hold online.
- Hold all recruitment briefings online.
- Conduct all recruitment interviews online after informing candidates.
- We strongly recommend employees to wear a mask when going out.
- We strongly recommend employees to wash their hands and gargle.
- Instruct employees with cold symptoms (such as cough or fever above 99.5°F) to stay at home.
- Instruct employees to report and stay at home, if there are infected people or close contacts around them, such as a family member.
- We strongly recommend employees to refrain from eating out with multiple people.
- We strongly recommend employees to refrain from participating in assemblies or meetings in private.
- We strongly recommend employees to refrain from traveling overseas in private.
※This policy is scheduled to run until Apr. 12 (Sunday), 2020. But we will consider extending the period depending on the status of the infectious diseases.
【Outline of OPT, Inc.】
OPT is an “Innovation Agency” that helps customers realize their ideal future through digital marketing. OPT renews the businesses of customers to create new value, while staying in harmony with the company’s vision and mission as they seek sustainable growth. Each employee works under the ideal of “Sincere ambition” to turn the company into a growth engine that makes people and society more prosperous.
Established: April 1, 2015
Capital: 100 million yen (as of end of December 2019)
President Name: Daisuke Kanazawa, President & CEO
Head Office Address: Tokyu Bancho Building, 6, Yonbancho, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo
Business Details: Marketing business
OPT, Inc. PR Representative